I Signed Up for #NaNoWriMo. Did You?


Are You NaNo-ing?
November is National Novel Writing Month, also known as #NaNoWriMo. It happens each November and many authors, including me, find it very motivational. For me, it's a challenge that pushes my word count higher for the month. While I can average 30,000 words/ month, I've written 50,000 words during the past two Novembers. The program works!

Participants also get tons of great offers and bonuses from the event sponsors. This year, Scrivener is one of the sponsors and their offer is fabulous. Scrivener is an award-winning word processor and project management tool for the Mac and Windows for writers. I've always wanted to try the program and with the NaNo discount of 50%, I took the plunge. My first book written on Scrivener will be for NaNo 2014!

In 2013, 310,095 people participated in NaNoWriMo. Will you be one of those people this year??

NOW is the time to sign up. You can do that here. You will definitely want to set up a profile and bookmark it because this is where you will go each day or so to update your writing stats. You'll also earn badges and be able to see your writing progress which is a crazy good motivator for me.

THEN spend the next few weeks preparing...
  • Connect with participating authors. You can do this on the NaNo website by searching for authors you might already know.
  • Participate in the NaNo forums on their website. Gather good ideas!
  • Blog about your goal. Tell others to gain support and serve as motivation, just like I'm doing now.
  • Insert a NaNo word count widget on your blog. See mine on the right.
  • Plan out your story so not to waste time later when you should be writing.
  • Let your family know your writing schedule for November. It will alter your normal schedule and you'll need their support/ cooperation.
Let's CONNECT.
After you register, find me on the NaNo website and we can be buddies! I'm registered as PalomaBeck.

Comments

Popular Posts