Going Dark for MONTHLY READS #amreading @JMDarhower @AnnaZaires @BethanyBazille

I've gone dark this month with my reading choices. Romantic thrillers, dark romance... whatever you choose to call it... I've been intrigued by books with that darker edge lately. There's something to be said for the fantasy of being kidnapped or dominated, so taken in that you can't find your way out. It has to be done well though since there's that line between sexy and creepy when dealing with questionable consent. These books walked the line just right.


Monster in His Eyes (Monster in His Eyes #1) by J.M. Darhower

Ignazio Vitale is not a good man.

I suspect it, the first time I see him, sense the air of danger that surrounds the man. He has a way of commanding attention, of taking control, of knowing what I'm thinking before I even do.

It's alarming and alluring. It's dark and deadly. It's everything I've ever wanted but the last thing I truly need. Obsession.

It doesn't take him long to draw me into his web, charming me into his bed and trapping me in his life, a life I know nothing about until it's too late. He has secrets, secrets I can't fathom, secrets that make it so I can't walk away, no matter how much I beg him to let me go. I see it sometimes in his eyes, a darkness that's both terrifying and thrilling. He's a monster, wrapped up in a pretty package, and what I find when I unmask him changes everything.

I want to hate him. Sometimes, I do. But it doesn't stop me from loving him, too.

Twist Me (Twist Me #1) by Anna Zaires

Kidnapped. Taken to a private island.

I never thought this could happen to me. I never imagined one chance meeting on the eve of my eighteenth birthday could change my life so completely.

Now I belong to him. To Julian. To a man who is as ruthless as he is beautiful – a man whose touch makes me burn. A man whose tenderness I find more devastating than his cruelty.

My captor is an enigma. I don’t know who he is or why he took me. There is a darkness inside him – a darkness that scares me even as it draws me in.

My name is Nora Leston, and this is my story.

Devlin UnLeashed by Bethany Bazile
Devlin Ward was a ruthless man. A man born among violence with a heavily burdened mind. 

He wasn't the sort of man fairy tales were made of, but he was sinfully beautiful, and addictively seductive. Dark and dangerous, yet utterly alluring. I’d fooled myself once, only allowing myself to see the beauty in him despite the shadows I’d glimpsed in his eyes. When that darkness took over, I ran. And now he’s found me. He’d trusted me with his love and now he wants it back. And he’s all too willing to crush my heart to make his whole again. 

Juliana betrayed me. Went against everything I believed in and pushed the monster I tried to keep hidden out into the open. Our love was twisted—and I’d made it that way. But I wasn't prepared to let it go. I hunted her for years, picking up traces of her scent as she moved from city to city to escape me. Now that I've found her, I’m not sure even her fiery light can brighten the blackout she left me in when she walked away.

Talk To Me... Make A Comment.
What makes a book great for you? Have you read these books yet? What did you think?

Comments

Popular Posts