Author's Life: #NaNoWriMo Update... #AmWriting Island Refuge series @BeccaLayne


NaNoWriMo is going strong this year. Fortified with coffee and comfy clothes, I've been a mad word scientist. I began the month with a rough "outline" for the full series, and for the first time I'm using Scrivener entirely. And I'm loving the organization the program provides. I've spent more time writing instead of playing with the structure of the story. It's great to feel accomplished at the end of every day.

I'm working primarily on one book in the Island Refuge series while also adding scenes to a few other books in the series. With overlapping story lines of multiple couples, I'm trying something new. The books will flow in time sequence and tell the stories of each couple along the way. Each book will end in a Happily Ever After for a different couple but it will also include part of the other couples' stories.


This series is Contemporary New Adult, and will be written in my pen name Becca Layne.


My Three Goals for NaNoWriMo:
  1. I will finish book one, Ring Around Rosie, which will continue to be released as a web serial. 
  2. I will re-work book two, Ivy Intertwined, into the new format.
  3. I will complete several scenes in Holly and Ivy, the Island Refuge holiday novella. 

Comments

Popular Posts